IK Multimedia – the leading brand of music-making apps and accessories – has released a major update of AmpliTube for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. With over 4 million downloads, AmpliTube is the industry standard guitar & bass amps and effects processor app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
The latest version of Amplitube offers the just released AmpliTube Slash gear model integration, MIDI and digital audio support, a redesigned recorder and mixer section, audio copy/paste, Retina display graphic update and much more.
What is Amplitube? It is an incredibly fun and intuitive guitar and bass rig that allows players to jam anywhere with world-class tone. Users can further expand the available effects with gear models from the new AmpliTube Slash, plus favourites like AmpliTube Fender™ and VocaLive as well as record and compose entire songs directly within the app using the built-in recording studio.
The AmpliTube version 2.5 allows players to control the app using MIDI controllers. With a MIDI interface – like IK Multimedia’s iRig MIDI – players can now use AmpliTube “hands free” in the studio or on stage by controlling every AmpliTube parameter or preset from any type of standard MIDI controller. It is packed with features like:
- Expandable with AmpliTube Slash gear – All the gear that contributed to make the legendary Slash sound, including 2 Marshall® amp models and 6 signature stomp effects, are now available inside AmpliTube via in-app purchase as a bundle or individual models.
- Full MIDI Integration – This feature allows users to control AmpliTube 2.5 via standard MIDI controllers using a MIDI interface for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad such as iRig MIDI. This allows the user to remotely switch presets or to control each knob, switch or controller on the interface with a physical controller. The feature is available as in-app purchase and it is free for iRig MIDI users.
- Support for all 30-pin Audio Devices – AmpliTube 2.5 now supports digital audio input/output via the 30-pin connector with compatible standard core audio devices.
- Redesigned Recorder section – The new recorder section of AmpliTube 2.5 now includes a Loop function for looping sections of recorded material, a new visual Metronome and a quick access Tap Tempo button.
- New Mixer section – A new mixer interface has been added to the recorder allowing easier control of master reverb send, channel level, pan control, mute and solo buttons, plus an FX button for applying the AmpliTube signal chain to the recorded material on the individual channels. This feature also allows “re-amping” of tracks to get that perfect tone or to apply different creative techniques to the material after recording.
- New Copy/Paste function – Now users can copy or paste audio content to and from other apps that support this feature, or easily copy the contents of one channel in the mixer to another channel.
- Restore in-app purchases – The new Restore Purchases feature simplifies the update process for users that have purchased more gear via in-app purchase.
- Export audio via SoundCloud or FTP – In addition to exporting recorded material using email and file sharing, users are now able to easily upload and share their materials online using FTP or via SoundCloud.
- Retina Display support – AmpliTube 2.5 now has an even more elegant interface designed for higher resolution retina displays both on iPhone and on the new iPad.
This latest update is now available in the App Store as a free update for all current AmpliTube users on iPhone or iPad. For new users, AmpliTube 2.5 costs $19.99/€15.99. An LE ($2.99/€2.39 – iPhone only) and a FREE version of AmpliTube 2.5 are also available with a limited set of gear models included.
IK Multimedia Production is an international music software company directly operating in 4 countries (Italy, US, UK, and Japan), privately founded in 1996 for the purpose of developing a new generation of music software designed to take advantage of the fast growing personal computer performance and revolutionize the way people compose and play music.