In a era of Mobile centric application revolution, the investment dynamics moved from voice feature centric mobility devices to converged feature supporting increasing data usages by end user. In context of India where more than 300 Mn plus internet user’s attracted major investment in more or less all segments under the NCPR categorization. In lieu of that mobile operator’s also jumped in bandwagon and started developing their own VAS centric application as well as collaborating with Smartphone players to get the data plan integrated to acquire data user’s at much lower end.
The economics and design KPI’s of Smartphone players are changing every day with very stiff competition w.r.t specifications, meeting end consumer adoption trend and pricepoint between homegrown domestic player’s such as Micromax, Karbonn, Intex, Lava with the likes of Lenovo and Motorola, Xiaomi, HTC, Samsung, Sony, LG, Gionee and others.
The stiff price war between Smartphone players attracted Smartphone players to look towards the application providers who is looking for the active user’s at one end whereas Mobile Operator’s to acquire data user. It’s being observed that many Smartphone players went ahead and embedded applications in order to gain recurring VAS revenue to manage their profitability in a declining Smartphone price segment where the data bundling also helped Smartphone players to get into collaboration with Application providers on Cost per activation model.
The free Data plan also helped many application providers to use indirect approach to reach out to different segment of user’s . The mesh ecosystem also impacted the end user device performance as majority of end user’s are not aware of mechanism to manage their data usages, application management as well as not aware of RAM/ROM initiated indirect impact on devices
Based on the survey done by e2einfotelanalysis (p) Ltd, www.e2einfotelanalysis.com across Metro’s, CircleA, B and C, it is shocking to have the followings
- How to clean Temporary Memory – 25%
- How to manage RAM- 20%
- How to manage ROM – 23%
- How many knows about the background running App – 5%
- How many knows how to manage applications -18%
- How many knows the reasons of battery heating/drainage initiated by Application – 10%
- How many knows how to kill an open applications -16.5%
and many more.
The survey was carried out in three categories of end user’s such as Prosumer’s, Consumer’s and Fresh entrant.
The queries thrown towards different category of user’s is centric to common understanding of one’s mobility product and how to manage their preferred, rarely and non interesting applications/games usages. Unfortunately, the prosumer classes were in most confusing state whereas consumer’s which relies in handset pricepoint raging from $ 65 to $130 are most cautious one regarding device due to limited specifications w.r.t RAM, ROM and Battery size.
Interesting, we observed that 35% of the device had Cleanmaster applications which typically cater User Privacy, RAM/ROM management, Internet usage management, Device Security, CPU cooling tool, application management and many more.
Team also made following observation about devices carrying Cleanmaster vs. non-Cleanmaster centric devices
- User having Cleanmaster in their device had more downloaded application and managed their applications in seamless process even in device specification having 256/512 MB RAM.
- The CPU heat level was lower even though user was using multiple process compared to similar specification based devices without Cleanmaster application
- The Battery lasted 30% more than non-cleanmaster device but having same mHA battery. Please note that the survey team made sure that network coverage for both the devices are in same environment with decent level of signal strength
- Retention % of Cleanmaster App user’s are higher than other similar product due to user interface and attached touched process management
- In a overload RAM/ROM scenario, Cleanmaster application attached devices user manages to free up around 15%/28% RAM/ROM respectively whereas non Cleanmaster device centric user’s tried many other similar applications but deleted it after few days to weeks
- Many More
The above survey gave us the confidence to recommend Cleanmaster Application to manage one’s device to increase the speed, response turnaround time, Internet usage/speed, privacy, better RAM/ROM management to use devices effectively and efficiently, Internet cookies management , Battery performance in an indirect way. The most interesting part of Cleanmaster Applications is the attached giftbox from user can download range of Local and International applications but to maintain the privacy of Indian user segment, Cleanmaster application only send notifications related to feature compared to attached Giftbox which makes this application truely impressive. The above assessment also indicate that Indian Smartphone player should be given tools/applications which is centric to device awareness and usages of the same should enable user’s to use their device longer with less or no maintenance. It is ultimately going to help Smartphone player device footfall in their Customer Care related to Battery drainage, RAM/ROM overload attached device crashing, Device heating etc.
About the Writer
Devendra Prasad have 22 Years of diverse ICT experience and currently spearheads e2einfotelanalys private limited and Vibrant App Center Private Ltd. After spending considerable time in Telecom Equipment, Providers, Device Manufacturer space coupled with strong Analytical and Technology Space, moved on with its own venture. He is involved with Product development, Strategic and tactical positioning of his organization. He is pioneer in Distruptive Innovation segment with his well known contribution in Enterprise Mobility, VAS, Thread Innovation, Alternative Revenue Stream Mechanism, Reverse Eagle Eye Analysis. Starting his venture with vision and conviction helped him to win many trusted and long lasting partner. Mr. Prasad is BE from BIT’s Ranchi and MTech in Mobile Communication from Aalborg University, Denmark.
More and more