- It runs on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). However, the default user interface of the OS is TouchWiz Nature UX, a custom skin prepared by Samsung.
- It has a 4.8-inch touchscreen with an HD Super Amoled display at 1280 x 720 pixels. Compared to Samsung Galaxy SII, this screen is 22% larger.
- It has an 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with a zero-lag shutter speed to provide instant image-capturing. There’s also a 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera.
- It has ‘S’ voice that will help users in doing several tasks through voice commands.
- It has a feature called ‘Smartsay’ which has the ability to track the eye movement of the user.
- It has 16GB of internal memory.This can be expanded with a 32 GB microSD card, with a 64GB card. Samsung said the Galaxy SIII will have a 2,100 mAh battery. The phone weighs 33 gram and has a thickness of 8.6mm.
- It runs on Samsungs’s latest chip , the new Arm-based processor Exynos 4 Quad.
- It has a free 50GB cloud storage from Dropbox. The storage will, however, be valid for two years only
Though the Samsung Galaxy SIII would be available in the European market towards the end of the current month, it is expected to launch in India in June at a price tag of Rs 38,000 approximately.