THE world’s best-selling tablet computer received a major overhaul yesterday, becoming the first Apple product to connect to next-generation 4G mobile networks and gaining a high-definition screen, more graphical grunt, voice dictation and a significantly better camera for the same price as the old model.
Apple IPAD 3 Key highlights from last nights announcement by Tim Cook of Apple (Do check the Live video here )
Video of the New IPAD 3 Video here (Apple’s site)
– iPad 2 coming down to $299. Will stay in the range. So cheaper iPads for all!
– iPhoto – a major new app for IPAD 3.iPhoto coming to iPhone.
– Gaming on new ipad is fantastic
-iPad had created a new category with the tablet that Apple would “redefine” again with the new edition iPad.
– Infinity Blade Dungeons shown off with new productivity and music apps. All looks gorgeous on the retina display. Garage Band is EVEN MORE AWESOME, if you like that kind of thing. iMovie also updated.
– Developers can take advantage of display and A5x. Namco get a showcase. Sky Gamblers Air Supremacy!
– Comes in black and white – price wise $499 for the 16GB, 32GB $599 and 64GB $699. Pricings the same then. 4G also the same as iPad 2.
– Different versions for different bands – otherwise exactly the same. Power wise, battery life is the same despite additions approx 10hrs.
– Next generation wireless: LTE and HSPA+ and DC HSDPA
– The new iPad’s most obvious upgrade is its 9.7-inch screen, which now features double the resolution (2048×1536) to a high-definition “Retina” display as seen in the iPhone 4.
– Supports English (and UK English) Japanese, German and French and a few others
– New key for microphone – auto dictation.
– Full HD video recording.
– An iSight camera announced. 5MP sensor, 5-element lens and Apple-designed ISP. Auto face-detection, auto focus lock. “A blast to use”
– A5x with quad-core graphics. Display is only “first feature”
– It has a retina display,it looks excellent on the 9.7 inch screen. Display is the same size. It does have a home key, by the way.
– iPad is best device for email, browsing, gaming and eReader
– 15.5 million iPads sold in last quarter
Apple launch video via Washington Post