Nokia users and social networking professionals have something to smile about. The mobile device manufacturer announced on Tuesday a new LinkedIn application for Symbian. Nokia users can now add business contacts to their network immediately rather than waiting to get onto a computer.
LinkedIn for Nokia includes a full, rich feature set designed to bring the most useful features of LinkedIn to your Nokia smartphone.
The application features six modules, each with a user experience designed from the ground up for Nokia devices:
• Updates: View and share crucial business intelligence and updates with your network. Perfect for those spare moments between meetings.
• Search: Search across over 100 million global professionals, and get the answer back in seconds. Nokia has implemented a unified search across both your direct connections and the entire LinkedIn network.
• Connections: LinkedIn is your address book in the cloud. Get quick access to any of your connections to get their up-to-date profile information, and the ability to send them a message immediately.
• Invitations: Why wait to get back to your desk? Accept outstanding invitations immediately and invite people to connect wherever you are.
• Inbox: Stay up-to-date with your LinkedIn messages and communicate with professionals within your network.
• Reconnect: You can’t leverage your network if you don’t build it. Now you can build your network from anywhere, in seconds.
The LinkedIn app is available to users of the Nokia N8, Nokia E7 and Nokia C7 series of smartphones. To try it for yourself, visit the Ovi Store.