Openwave Mobility, a software innovator enabling operators to manage and monetize growth in mobile video and web traffic, have launched Integra4, a newly designed mobile broadband value-added services (VAS) platform. Offering a throughput of 100Gbps of HTTP traffic on a 16-blade chassis, Integra4 is the most scalable and highest-performing mobile data VAS platforms available on the market. It has been designed with core software-defined networking (SDN) principles of separation of control plane and data plane traffic and is fully equipped to support mobile operator’s plans for SDN and network function virtualization (NFV).
According to the latest Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast, global mobile data traffic will grow 18 times between 2011 and 2016, to a billion gigabytes per month. Mobile video will make up 71 percent of this, and there will be more than 10 billion concurrent mobile internet connections around the world. As these subscribers increasingly access rich media services on multiple mobile devices, operators are beginning to realize that cloud-based core networks, performance and scalability of network management solutions are imperatives to increasing revenues and customer satisfaction. Integra4 is fully equipped to meet these expectations and help operators evolve in order to offer value-added services with a secure trajectory to data monetization.
The Integra4 platform enables:
- Policy Engagement – Relevant, real-time user engagement offering end-users targeted promotion and data-charging plans based on user behavior. Policy engagement ensures that the offers and promotions made are the ones most likely to be of interest at that point in time. This leads to operator incremental revenues as well as cost-savings through one-click access to pertinent offers.
- Mobile Analytics – Easily extract, view and analyze subscriber data from multiple sources across the entire network. Insights into subscriber usage patterns and subscriber handsets provide actionable intelligence for innovative policy engagement.
- Video Optimization – Dynamic video compression targeted at network congestion “hotspots” to enhance quality of experience while reducing total cost of ownership. Operators are thus able to guarantee and deliver a quality viewing experience to subscribers through optimum use of hardware resources.
- Flexibility – Integra4 is the central component of Openwave Mobility’s 3GPP Application Function and is flexible enough to support 3G and 4G service deployments. It also releases traffic from the congested control plane and offers policy charging and rules function (PCRF) integration. Operators can offer highly differentiated services across a number of service protocols including HTTP, HTML, RTSP/RTP/RDT.
- Complete VAS Platform – Integra4 is designed for all third-party VAS solutions on a plug-in basis, making it a universal mobile broadband VAS platform.