It is evident from the latest releases of smartphones that many flagship phones have stopped increasing the size of the smartphone at 5.5 inches. But here is one Samsung beast that manages to top that. Huge devices are trending as of now owing the advent of tablets and the crossover phablets everywhere. One should mention here that the smartphone market is actually veering the newest biggest device.
Enter Samsung’s new A series avatar. Samsung launched its latest smartphone in the Galaxy A series with the gigantic Galaxy A9 in China. The tech giant revealed one of the first 6-inch phablets that will sport a tremendous 4000 MaH battery to match its size. Galaxy A9 will feature support for Android 5.1.1 with powerful innards compared to any of the A-series phones.
The dual-SIM dual-standby phone sports a metal frame and a glass body design just like Galaxy Note 5. With its 6-inch full-HD Super Amoled display and a smart 2.5D curved glass, the phone features a pixel density of 367 ppi. The phone also sports a very thin 2.4-mm display bezel.
The Inside Out
- The Galaxy A9 sports a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 SoC which clocks 1.8GHz, along with Adreno 510.
- Galaxy A9 also features a sizeable 3GB of RAM and 32GB of inbuilt storage that is scalable up to 128GB.
- It does not have a hybrid dual-SIM slot.
- On the camera front, it is loaded with a smart 13-megapixel rear autofocus camera which also includes LED flash, a powerful f/1.9 aperture, and an even rare optical image stabilisation (OIS). This allows the clickers to maintain a steady line of pictures.
- The front facing cam has a 8-megapixel capability and even possesses varied modes such as wide selfie mode and self-portrait mode. The camera can be activated by double pressing the home button which also extends support to Samsung Pay. Now camera accessibility will not be a hassle in any way.
The Powerful Battery in a Slim Body
Samsung Galaxy A9 has a powerful 4000mAh battery that supports a technology for charging called the Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0. Galaxy A7 on the other hand features a 3300mAh battery. Samsung A9 also includes Bluetooth v4.1, GPS, NFC, and Wi-Fi under the hood. In spite of all running applications, Samsung A9 is making the best use of optimum silence to recreate the new tomorrow.
Following its predecessor, which is the 5.7-inch Galaxy A8, Samsung A9 is a slim and elegant smartphone, with specifications that even match the Galaxy S line of devices.
Not one phone can actually be the best in all manners. It is important to make a lasting impression with the phone in hand.
Despite Samsung A9 launched in China exclusive, it is expected to go on floors in other countries in the near future. It is coming in close competition to Google Nexus 6P and even the trendy bestselling Apple iPhone 6S Plus. The choices might be limited but its own Galaxy Note 5 is going to be in loggerheads for the largest smartphone.
Most of the smartphones are now featuring 5 to 5.5-inch screens, Samsung is hence hoping to grab the share for bigger phablets for which there is a strong crowd for, like the Galaxy A9. The important improvements have hence driven the phone amidst the hoopla around Samsung Galaxy S6, which is in itself going great guns.
The enormous 4,000mAh battery is a huge plus for the smartphone since it would extend the phone’s battery life beyond the regular day that most smartphones can.
Round-up of Specifications
- Octa-core Snapdragon 652 processor, incredible 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of scalable storage up to 128GB.
- 13-megapixel camera and a 8-megapixel selfie cam.
- Runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- Fingerprint scanner and Samsung Pay support.
- Glass and metal case that’s is 0.29 inches thin.
The phone will be available in varied colours including White, Gold, and Pink colours. The product is expected to be kept in shelves until and unless it can infuse some energy on a positive note.
Samsung’s latest A series phone is a slight departure than the extremely sleek A8, since this model features a tremendous screen and a smart monstrous battery capacity to match its credentials.
The massive 6-inch screen with curved 2.5D edges featuring a 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 652 processor is great even by S6 standards. The 0.3 inch-thick aluminum frame is its best attribute though the monstrous 4,000 mAh battery will drive the phone for more than a day.
All in, here is a decent phone from Samsung that will need big pockets for safekeeping especially within cargos instead of jeans. No details on pricing and availability has been conveyed until now.
Keval Padia is a Founder & CEO of Nimblechapps. He is an Android Game Developer, with acute knowledge of Mobile App Design and User Experience Design. His vision is to become the best iPhone application company, which can transform people’s idea into fully functional application at a very affordable price.