There are a great many different examples of hosting services out there, and finding the one you need is always going to be difficult. The Huffington Post has made it quite clear that choosing the wrong web host can easily cause a loss of revenue for your company. In order to make the comparison however, all you need to do is determine just what you need, in particular. Some of the considerations that you might make include:
- Length of time you have been in business
- The scope of your operation
- What you need hosted
- Your technical expertise
When it comes right down to it, there are some services that will work better for you than others, so let’s take a look at some of the most common features that you should come to expect when you compare web hosting services at Cloud Kompare.
Web hosting, as you probably know, is handled remotely,which means you’re going to need hardware and lots of it. A web server needs to serve your site to customers and this can be very simple or very complex. Either way you need to make sure that the hardware is capable of running your site and receiving the traffic. Oftentimes it comes down to whether you wish to settle for a shared server, or perhaps put forth the money for a more robust dedicated server that is only occupied by you and your website. Ultimately you want to consider the following:
- RAM – How much memory the server has; the more of this your server has, the mores simultaneous tasks your site will be able to perform. In the end this will help to accommodate more users.
- Processor – A faster processor means a faster moving site on the customer end, though it will be more expensive.
- Hard Drive Space – All web hosting services will be equipped with top of the line hard drives and space is expandable. Choosing the amount of space you need will be easy enough as you will simply need to determine whether you are just serving web content or going so far as to serve files.
- Bandwidth – This is not a hardware matter, but rather one of the internet service provider. Bandwidth from a company like this one is mostly split into parts and provided on an as needed basis. As you pay for more bandwidth, your website will obviously be faster, but you should only expand this as needed.
When you are in the process of comparing the different plans, make sure that the software meets your needs as well. Software will range from the operating system, the control panel for your website, and even the plugins installed. For example some servers will utilize WordPress, while others will run the less user friendly apache. This is a choice that you can often make when you are securing your web hosting services, though sometimes it becomes specific to the service in question. This is definitely something that you will want to consider when you are signing for any particular service as you will want to make sure it is not only equipped with quality software, but software that you know how to use. Remember, the one you choose, whether it be WordPress, Apache, or some other flavor will greatly influence the way you handle your programming. Choosing incorrectly can easily result in problems.
Other considerations will include the plugins as these will determine whether or not your website actually functions as needed. For example, Shockwave Flash is a great feature, but is the plugin supported server side? Do you want to run a phBB board? Wonderful idea, but once again, is it properly supported on the server side? These, among many others, will make a huge difference in how you conduct your business and how you present your page to your clients. Control over your server and website using cPanel is also an important service as outlined by Techno Skill Online. These are all important questions you need to ask when you are trying to make a comparison.
Making the Comparison
In order to make this comparison you will need to take a look at the Cloud Kompare website and glance over the partners list. There are several guidelines that you will want to follow, most of which we mentioned above. Overall, you need to compare your needs with the offerings of each service. How big is your company? How much do you plan to expand in the next few years? How quickly are you going to expand? Start looking into the different options today and make sure that your company is ready to move into the 21st century with the right web host. There is a lot of work to be done.