Today Amazon announced that the all-new Kindle Paperwhite—is now available for pre-order starting today at www.amazon.in and begins shipping February 4, 2014. The new Kindle Paperwhite features new display technology with higher contrast, the next generation built-in light, a faster processor, the latest touch technology, and exclusive new features designed from the ground up for readers. While, the new Kindle Paperwhite is priced at Rs. 10,999/-, the new Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi + 3G model is priced at Rs 13999/-.
Starting February 04, 2014, the new Kindle Paperwhite will also be available offline across 250 retail outlets across India including Croma, Reliance Digital, E-Zone, UniverCell and Vijay Sales stores located in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad and Pune.
Some features of the all-new Kindle Paperwhite are:
- New display technology with higher contrast: Higher contrast and better reflectivity means whites are whiter and blacks are blacker, so the pages are virtually indistinguishable from a physical book.
- Next generation built-in light—Guides light toward the surface of the display so you can read comfortably without eyestrain.
- New, 25% faster processor—Books open and pages turn faster for a seamless reading experience.
- New touch technology—19% tighter touch grid makes Kindle Paperwhite respond even more accurately to the smallest touches.
- New Kindle Page Flip—Skim page-by-page, scan by chapter, or skip to the end of your book, all without losing your place.
- New Vocabulary Builder—Compiles words you look up in the dictionary into an easy-to-access list.
- New Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary and Wikipedia so you can access definitions, characters, settings and more without leaving your page or losing your place.
- – New In-line Footnotes—With a single tap, read the complete text of each footnote in-line without changing the page or losing your place in the book.
- – New Kindle Free Time- Encourage children to read even more with FreeTime for Kindle Paperwhite. FreeTime lets you create personalized profiles for kids and give them access to titles from your collection of books. Children are rewarded with achievement badges that keep track of their personal reading accomplishments. A progress report keeps parents updated on total time spent reading; number of words looked up, badges earned and books read.
- – Cloud Collections—Organize your books in customized collections for easy reference, and Amazon’s Whispersync technology synchronizes the collections across your Kindle devices and reading apps so they’re available on all of your devices.