Popular professional network LinkedIn has introduced the ‘unified search’ so that users do not have to search for people, companies, or jobs separately. The company blog stated,”We’ve unified the search experience so you no longer need to search for people, companies, or jobs separately. Now, all you need to do is type what you’re looking for into the search box and you’ll see a comprehensive page of results that pulls content from all across LinkedIn including people, jobs, groups and companies.”
Besides this, LinkedIn has also added new features to enable a smarter search:
- Auto-complete – When users’ type search terms, this feature prompts them with various options.
- Suggested searches – Users’ searching for a particular term, say “product manager”, will see example search queries for people or jobs related to product manager as well as a preview of top results to help them find what they’re looking for in one click.
- Smarter query intent algorithm – The more a user searches for content on LinkedIn, the more it learns and understands his/her intent over time to provide the most relevant results.
- Enhanced advanced search – With this feature, a user can deepen his/her search with filters like location, company, school and more.
- Automated alerts – This feature save time by saving a user’s searches and provides alerts when the results change.