Zero-Sum Wireless Solutions India Private Limited has launched ‘It’s NAV’ Navigation and Map application on Google Play for Android smartphone and tablet users in India. The app has been developed by ZENRIN DataCom Co., LTD of Japan, a pioneer and leader in GPS Navigation systems in Japan. Zero-Sum Wireless Solutions India Private Limited will distribute the service initially through the Google Play Store in India and is also looking at distributing the app through partnering with various OEM device manufacturers and carriers in India.
In order to allow easy expansion and integration with carriers and OEM’s in India, Zero-Sum has developed the Content Management System for the app in India and will also handle the billing integration of the app in India. Zero-Sum will also integrate this application into various ITS (Intelligent Transport Solutions) that they are planning on introducing in India for which they are currently in discussions with various state government agencies.
The application incorporates various features from ZENRIN DataCom’s best-selling “It’s-mo NAVI”, navigation application in Japan including:
- An Online Navigation systems that uses very little device memory
- Updates Map information on-the-go in real time without the need for users to download heavy map files before using the application
- Easy to read maps built using map data from India’s leading Map data company, Map My India
- Simulation mode in Navigation allows users to preview Navigation route before starting journey
- Real car navigation system and easy voice guidance system and route planning function that allows the app to function like an on-board in-dash car navigation system
- Extensive Search capabilities, that provides several ways to search locations, including search based on POI(Point of Interest), Address search, category type search and search based on surrounding areas
- Multilingual navigation interface in English and interface in Hindi coming soon
- Route planning that shows upto 3 different routes based on user preferences such as shortest distance, fastest route, etc.
- Address search at a house number level available in certain areas
- User-friendly voice guidance system that supports road merging to ensure safe driving while merging onto a highway or bigger road
- Zoom Display while entering intersections to ensure no missed turns
- Map display in 3D
The application will support Android smartphones running on Android 2.3 and above and on Android based tablets running on Android 3.0 and above.