According to recent data released by COAI, the total GSM subscriber base in India has reached the 677.85 million mark. The country added a total of 7.27 million GSM Subscribers in the month of May 2012 – which is a 1.08% increase since the previous month. The operator wise breakup of new GSM subscriber additions is:
- Airtel added the maximum new subscribers – 2.01 million, taking its user base to 185.30 million.
- Idea added 1.76 million users, taking its user base to 115.97 million.
- Vodafone India added 1.20 million new subscribers, taking its user base to 152.49 million.
- Aircel added 0.80 million new users, taking its user base to 64.39 million
- Uninor added 1.5 million subscribers, taking its user base to 45.08 million
- Videocon added 0.13 million new users
- BSNL added 1,735 new users
MTNL lost 0.17 million subscribers. U.P (E) had the maximum GSM subscriber addition of 1,441,238 i.e. 19.81% of the total Subscriber additions in May. Growing at the rate of 1.26%, the B Circle is the fastest growing circle and forms 46.08% of the total additions during May 2012.