On Tuesday Panasonic unveiled “Panasonic Toughpad A1“, its first Android based computer tablet. It has been especially designed for tough environments like a battlefield. This rugged device weighs 0.97 kilograms and is tough enough to withstand being dropped from a height of four feet (1.21 meters).
Some of the key features of this device are:
- it is built on New Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) platform
- a 10.1-inch LCD display enables users to read even under the sun
- a nine hour battery life
- it has a refined UI,improved multitasking capabilities, deep interactivity, better sharing and more.
- 1.2 GHz Dual Core processor with embedded hardware security
- Keep sensitive data secure with a dedicated security core.
- Mobile Device Management
- Manage one or thousands of Toughpad tablets with low-level control
- Business-class Service and Support
- Control costs and uptime with experienced and knowledge experts
These water-proof, dust-proof and shock-proof tablets are popular in industries such as defence, utilities and construction, as well as by workers in Asia’s vast palm oil plantations.