Facebook has introduced sponsored stories for the News Feed specifically for mobile devices. Sponsored stories can now appear on desktop, mobile or both- depending upon the specification of the advertiser. The different available ad positions are:
- All placements. News Feed desktop, right-hand side desktop, News Feed mobile.
- All desktop placements. News Feed desktop, right-hand side desktop.
- News Feed desktop and mobile placements. News Feed desktop and News Feed mobile.
- News Feed desktop placements. News Feed desktop only.
- News Feed mobile placements. News Feed mobile only.
Earlier, advertisers could buy a broad category of “sponsored stories”: advertisements that would run on the website. But Facebook controlled whether the ads actually appeared on mobile devices, and in users news feeds.