The following steps can be followed to start marketing on Facebook:
Set up a facebook page
- Visit facebook.com/pages/create.php.
- Select the category that best describes the nature of business
- Fill out the basic details like the business / company name, contact details, address
- Facebook then sends a template of the page which can be customized by putting a profile photo and other details.
- Post the first status update welcoming fans to the page
Invite your friends
- Invite friends to like your page.
- Set up a vanity url (www.facebook.com/username)
Customize your page
Convert your existing customers into likes. Use your existing media presence to increase fan base. This can be done by:
- Sending fan page url in mailing list, email newsletter
- Placing fan page url in website, business cards
- Let fans know about your presence and provide an immediate incentive ( in the form of discount or giveaways) for them to connect
- Once you have a fan base, provide them with interesting content to keep them engaged. Content can be in the form of text, news articles, videos, photos, polls, Q&A’s etc.
- Once most of the existing customer base is converted to fan base, you should reach out to others through targeted facebook ads.