Here are some of the key insights from the full, 60-page report
(available for free download at www.DeveloperEconomics.com)
- Mobile web as a platform has seen an impressive upturn in usage, and is now in third position in our Developer Mindshare Index. Android and iOS continue to lead with 67% of developers currently using Android and 59% using iOS.
- Nearly 40% of developers currently using Symbian and 35% of developers currently using Java ME are planning to drop the platforms
- Today, app stores are the primary go-to-market channel for 45% of mobile app developers across platforms
- Despite the bad press, Android is actually less fragmented than either Java ME or BlackBerry
- Organisations developing B2C apps (targeted at consumers) are extending their offering first Apple and then to Android, to mobile web, to BlackBerry and finally to Windows Phone 7
Read the full report for the hottest issues of app development, from app design and promotion to monetisation and user support.
Download the report here (PDF )